Concealed carry

Did you know that in three states, residents over the age of 21 are eligible for concealed carry of their guns/weapons without a permit?! WITHOUT. A PERMIT. OR a license. Surprisingly, Texas isn't one of these three states (although I hear that it's pretty easy to obtain a permit down there). Rather, the three states are Alaska (where there are very few people, but plenty of moose, so I guess it's not the worst thing in the world. But on that note, why would you need to conceal your weapon from the local elk population? Are they that smart?), Arizona (I don't want to think about the implications of that coupled with the recent spats over illegal immigration), and Vermont. Vermont, you say? I thought that state was full of suburbs, you say? YES. I KNOW. I did too. But apparently the whole movement towards deregulating gun laws started in Vermont.

This wouldn't be as big of a deal to me if I hadn't found out that these three states also do not require a permit/license to purchase firearms. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT. So you could just be walking around in the middle of Middlebury, VT, and EVERYONE AROUND YOU OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE COULD HAVE A GUN DOWN THEIR PANT LEG.

And speaking of permits and licenses to purchase, PLENTY of states do not require this sort of paperwork or identification to purchase a gun. This also scares me. I am just glad that the state in which I reside at least does not participate in this unrestricted concealed carry phenomenon. It makes me feel just a little bit safer knowing that the people around me are not legally allowed to stash Glocks in their suit pockets.

(via Wikipedia and The Arizona Republic)

0 comments:

Post a Comment