Cheap things

Today I bought a Wedgewood/Vera Wang plate from Bed Bath and Beyond for 98 cents. 98 CENTS!!1!!1!


Which got me thinking about the best places to find legitimately good things in the clearance section:

1. Target Dollar Spot. Do I need a monkey-shaped piggy bank? Do I want Hello Kitty sandwich bags? WHO CARES? IT'S A DOLLAR.

2. Abercrombie and Fitch. Pro: The only place where you can find a pair of jeans at $60 at the front of the store, but then find what looks like THE SAME PAIR OF JEANS for $10 in the clearance section. Con: you might not make it to the back of the store due to scent overload.

3. Kohl's, sometimes. My mom used to buy pots there. So if you like pots.


And some places that never have good clearance stuff at all, ever:

1. Best Buy. I really believe that only rich old people buy things from Best Buy because they are both scared enough of technology that they would pay Geek Squad $50 to plug their new computer in for them, as well as so intimidated by Amazon that they'd rather pay double the online price for the privilege of having a zit-covered teenager scan their items.

2. Sephora, but I actually don't care that much because their sample policy is so awesome. Also, the man who did my makeup last time I went in taught me how to fix my dried-up gel eyeliner, and THAT information was worth at least $10. Especially because Google definitely did not ever tell me that adding eye cream to gel eyeliner was a thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment