Expensive perfume

Who needs a $865 bottle of perfume? NO ONE. Why would you even want $865 worth of perfume? You probably lose 75% of your investment every time you use your perfume. That is crazy talk.

Now, I know there are more expensive perfumes out there. But for those perfumes, you're paying mostly for the bottle, which you can at least proudly display and maybe sell for cash. This bottle is just PAINTED gold. It doesn't specify what "gold" means, so it could just be gold paint. $865 gold paint that they could have picked up at Lowes in a spray can.
























(via Neiman Marcus)

P.S: They are very proud to be "recognized by the Guinness Book of Records as the world's most expensive perfume". So proud that they've put it on every website I've seen them at.


Also, here's a list of perfume notes from the same Neiman Marcus page:


• A floral-oriental fragrance. • Top notes of pineapple, plum, mirabelle, bergamot, lemon, and cardamom. • Heart notes of rose, jasmine, ylang ylang, orris, and orchid.• Base notes of vanilla, tonka seeds, cedarwood, sandalwood, and musk amber.• In a 1.6-ounce painted gold bottle engraved with the signature crown of Queen Victoria.

This is why I am skeptical. I've heard of all these ingredients before, in bottles of perfume much cheaper than this. I have a lemon in my fridge. I have vanilla extract in my pantry. I have roses in my backyard, jasmine in my tea, as well as three pineapples in my dining room (HAHA!). And I could probably find the signature crown of Queen Victoria on Google and stencil it to a gold colored bottle. So there's that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment