Alton Brown's eating habits

New York Magazine online has this running series called "The Grub Street Diet" where models/chefs/miscellaneous celebrities document their meals for a couple of days. So far I have found out that Jonathan Adler falls asleep eating cookies, that Wyatt Cenac (from The Daily Show) drinks an ungodly amount of mint juleps, and that Andy Cohen eats exactly like how you would expect Andy Cohen would eat. Also that he counts the number of nuts he eats at each meal (maybe).

I love Alton Brown. Seriously, I don't know what I would do without Good Eats. And when I watched that one episode where he writes about how he dieted because he was getting too fat, I thought he was totally awesome for controlling his weight before it got out of hand. In my eyes, Alton Brown can do no wrong.

Side note: I totally can't write when I'm listening to music. It just took me a good ten minutes to get those last two paragraphs out because I kept losing my train of thought. You'd think that I would have learned sometime in the last four years NOT to multitask with music. Alas, you'd be mistaken. I have not learned at all. I may even have negative-learned.


So, you can imagine how excited I was when I saw that he had been profiled on The Grub Street Diet. I thought I'd stumbled upon some blend of deliciousness and health and magic. That's what you'd think too, right? Awesome Alton Brown has to have a similarly awesome diet. ALAS.

Tuesday, October 5
For breakfast, I had Wasa bread and two strawberries and coffee — the Wasa had nothing on it, and I was eating the high-fiber Wasa on top of that! I didn't have anything to go on top — some peanut butter would have been nice, but I didn't have any because I left my jar of it at home.

For lunch, I had a can of sardines in oil. 

I had an afternoon snack of a banana, also from the same fruit plate delivered by the hotel. Dinner was a handful of mixed nuts containing almonds, hazelnuts, Brazil nuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and pecans.


"Dinner was a handful of mixed nuts"??!! ALTON BROWN WHAT ARE YOU DOING. That is dinner for NO ONE. You know who would have thought that was a good dinner? MY HAMSTER. My sixteen-pound dog eats more than his entire meal for breakfast. Also, how did he manage to split a fruit plate into two separate meals? I ate an entire two pints of blueberries yesterday in an hour. I also ate nuts... before I ate my real snack, which was half a bagel, leftover salad, some more blueberries, and a plate of watermelon. And then I ate dinner an hour later.

Alton Brown, my love for you remains. But you need to eat more. Nut medley does not a dinner make.

[edit] OMG WASA BREAD ISN'T EVEN BREAD. IT IS PACKAGED CRACKERS.















(via CalorieLab)

0 comments:

Post a Comment