50 Cent lost weight

Taking a break from practice LSATs to write this.

Personally, I don't care for 50 Cent much, if at all. It seems to me that all his raps are either about girls, money, or how he got shot 7 (or was it 8?) times. Given this negative bias, I'm not optimistic that his latest career move of losing 54 pounds (from 214 to 160) for a movie role (a starring role in Mario Van Peebles's Things Fall Apart)  was much more than a PR move. As EW notes, well-known and respected actors do drastically gain and lose weight often for movie roles: Johnny Depp, Renee Zellweger, Matt Damon, to name a few. But 50 is, in most senses of the phrase, not a respected actor. He's a rapper, and unlike Will Smith, I highly doubt that his skills will translate into Hollywood stardom. I mean, I guess it's to his credit that he's doing this to portray a college kid battling cancer (when did 50 Cent ever look "college-age" to you?). But I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a calculated move to get people to talk about him as a "serious" actor.


(via thisis50.com through EW)

















0 comments:

Post a Comment