The Pussycat Dolls broke up!

Old news, but I was completely unaware. What will we do without a dozen gyrating women whose names none of us know. With the exception of Nicole Scherzinger, of course, but she can't really be considered a Doll; after all, she was THE Doll, also known as the only Pussycat Doll anyone besides PCD themselves knew. But anyways, Wikipedia says they're broken up, with the possible exception of Melody Thornton, who seems to be hanging on to Nicole for dear life and her career.

I have to admit though, "Stickwitu" was a catchy song. And since I am on the topic of discussing favorite PCD songs, "Beep" is my ultimate favorite, if only because the entire song is an enormous cop-out on the part of the Dolls in that they didn't even have to try to rhyme the last words of each line, because it was replaced by a beep. Example:
It's funny how a man only thinks about the *beep*
You got a real big heart, but I'm looking at your *beep*
You got real big brains, but I'm looking at your *beep*
Girl, there ain't no pain in me looking at your *beep*
Try to fill in the blanks. Does ANYTHING that you put in there both rhyme and make sense? NO. It does not. I was going to put in the other quote that was funnier, but it was slightly raunchy. ("Imma do my thing while you're playing with your... racecar" is probably not the idea the song was trying to evoke). Here's a video for nostalgia's sake, as we reminisce on the good old days when PCD was at the top of the music charts. (Hah.)



(via Go Fug Yourself) -- which, by the way, is one of the most entertaining websites that I read. I want to be these girls' best friends. Someone please introduce me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment